Career and Learning
Would you like to be your own Boss and run Your Own business, doing things that you want to do and like doing ? Maybe you already have the skills and training required, but if not, its never to late to start learning.
.... or perhaps the time is right to put more back into society ? There are many people and organisation who could benefit from your skills and expertise. Whatever your career plans, let Prime50plus help you to find what you looking for.
Featured Article: Inspirational Over 50s Click here to Read More
- First decide whether you are looking to to work, learn , give something back or all three
- Determine your future career plan and start implementing
- Does your skill level match your desired job ? If not consider up-skilling
- Ensure your CV is up todate and reflects your skills, expertise and ambitions
- Consider appointing a suitable mentor or coach
- Register with recruitment agencies and place your details on Jobsites
- Use Jobs Search Engines Click Here to access 1000's Live Vacancies
- Have a look at "How to Get a Job in a Recession" by Denise Taylor
- If setting up a new business or franchise identify your Local Business Link advisor
- Voluntary organisations could really benefit from your skills. Consider joining one or two
Did You Know ?.....
Research from Careers Advice Service found that:
- Half (46%) of 50-plus adults in the UK say they are not too old to find their dream job and start a new career.
- Almost half (45%) of adults have more life goals they want to achieve now than when they were 30.
- One in five (19%) 50-plus workers are seriously contemplating a career change to fulfil a lifetime career ambition.
- More than a quarter (26%) want more job satisfaction in their next career move.
- For 77% that means doing something "worthwhile".
- 61% of 50-plus workers want the chance to learn new skills.
- One in six (16%) retired 50-plus adults want to learn a new skill
Useful Websites .....
Information on Working Rights - www.workingrights.co.uk
Job Boards : www.primeMploy.co.uk / www.monster.co.uk / www.totaljobs.co.uk / www.reed.co.uk
www.jobsite.co.uk / www.primeXperience.co.uk / www.executivesonline.co.uk
Top Professional Recruiters : www.michaelpage.co.uk / /www.edenbrown.co.uk / www.anderelite.co.uk
Latest business ideas & business thinking for entrepreneurs - www.freshbusinessthinking.com
Practical Advice for setting up and running a business - www.businesslink.gov.uk
PRIME Initiative - UK charity helps people over 50 set up in business - www.primeinitiative.co.uk
PRIME also provides additional guidance and info on http://www.primebusinessclub.com
For Franchise Information & Opportunities click on http://www.totalfranchise.co.uk/News
A Learning Resource - http://www.homelearningcollege.com
UK Jobs by PrimeMploy
Prime50plus is now partnering with a new Jobs board website primeMploy. This company offers a new innovation to online recruitment in the form of a local online recruitment resource. Currently they are live with their national job site but are in the process of launching a local yorkshire jobsboard. Watch this space... View their Jobs on the Link Below:
Career & Learning Forum / Comment Board