- First decide whether you are looking to to work, learn , give something back or all three
- Determine your future career plan and start implementing
- Does your skill level match your desired job ? If not consider up-skilling
- Ensure your CV is up todate and reflects your skills, expertise and ambitions
- Consider appointing a suitable mentor or coach
- Register with recruitment agencies and place your details on Jobsites
- Use Jobs Search Engines Click Here to access 1000's Live Vacancies
- Have a look at "How to Get a Job in a Recession" by Denise Taylor
- If setting up a new business or franchise identify your Local Business Link advisor
- Voluntary organisations could really benefit from your skills. Consider joining one or two
Did You Know ?.....
Research from Careers Advice Service found that:
- Half (46%) of 50-plus adults in the UK say they are not too old to find their dream job and start a new career.
- Almost half (45%) of adults have more life goals they want to achieve now than when they were 30.
- One in five (19%) 50- plus workers are seriously contemplating a career change to fulfil a lifetime career ambition.
- More than a quarter (26%) want more job satisfaction in their next career move.
- For 77% that means doing something "worthwhile".
- 61% of 50-plus workers want the chance to learn new skills.
- One in six (16%) retired 50-plus adults want to learn a new skill
Useful Websites .....
Information on Working Rights - www.workingrights.co.uk
Job Boards : www.primeMploy.co.uk / www.monster.co.uk / www.totaljobs.co.uk / www.reed.co.uk
; www.jobsite.co.uk / www.primeXperience.co.uk / www.executivesonline.co.uk
Top Professional Recruiters : www.michaelpage.co.uk / /www.edenbrown.co.uk / www.anderelite.co.uk
Latest business ideas & business thinking for entrepreneurs - www.freshbusinessthinking.com
Practical Advice for setting up and running a business - www.businesslink.gov.uk
PRIME Initiative - UK charity helps people over 50 set up in business - www.primeinitiative.co.uk
PRIME also provides additional guidance and info on http://www.primebusinessclub.com
For Franchise Information & Opportunities click on http://www.totalfranchise.co.uk/News
A Learning Resource - http://www.homelearningcollege.com
UK Jobs by PrimeMploy
Prime50plus is now partnering with a new Jobs board website primeMploy. This company offers a new innovation to online recruitment in the form of a local online recruitment resource. Currently they are live with their national job site but are in the process of launching a local yorkshire jobsboard. Watch this space... View their Jobs on the Link Below: